WDE are always keen to hear from suitable candidates we are currently hiring for the following candidates…
JOB DESCRIPTION – GEO-ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT
About WDE: WDE Consulting are a Geo-Environmental Consultancy who for the past 20 years have been working for clients who are either buying, selling or redeveloping land. Based in our office in Tring, Hertfordshire, we primarily work in the South East England for a wide range of clients including developers, construction firms, design engineers and architects.
The Role: We are looking for a Geo-Environmental Consultant with up to 3 years relevant work experience who has a hands on approach and is looking to further their career. An initial 6 month training programme is provided with ongoing training thereafter. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Project management
• Preparation of Phase 1 Desk Studies and formulation of Conceptual Site Models
• Undertake intrusive investigations to assess land contamination to determine potential risks to human health, controlled waters and the environment.
• Preparation of Remedial Strategies and Verification Plans
• Verification of Remedial Works
• Determination of outline foundation and drainage design parameters
• Soil, groundwater and groundgas monitoring and sampling
• Collate and analyse data within current UK guidelines
• Preparation of technical reports
• Liaison with clients and regulatory authorities
Qualifications: A minimum BSc degree is required in either Geology, Environmental Science or Geography. A postgraduate degree is highly advantageous. A clean driving licence and UK residency is mandatory.
Salary and Benefits: The following salary and benefits associated with role include:
• Salary of £19,500 to £28,000 (depending on experience)
• Company phone, pension scheme
• Use of company vehicle for site work