WDE Consulting is currently recruiting for a Geo-environmental consultant to be based in our Tring office. We have an excellent opportunity for a graduate or early career professional (1-2 years experience) to join our team.
Working as a Geo-environmental consultant involves advising clients (Developers, Land buyers, councils, home owners etc) on the geological, hydrogeological and contamination conditions below ground. WDE Consultants visit sites around the UK to undertake ground investigations, followed by reporting of the results when back in the office. Consultants need to be able to communicate the relevant information to clients, regulators and subcontractors, as well as assisting with report writing and making recommendations on the required mitigation measures. An initial six-month training programme is given to new consultants with continual professional development (CPD) thereafter.
- Understand the environment and the natural processes/ interactions within it
- Undertake field investigations to assess land contamination to understand the potential risks to human health and the environment.
- Soil, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and sampling
- Collate and analyse data within guidelines
- Report and present results to clients and regulators
- Management of subcontractors
- Interest and passion for the natural environment
- Excellent communication skills for working with clients, regulators, subcontractors and colleagues
- Ability to analyse and organise technical data with a sharp eye for detail
- Willingness to continually improve and learn new practices
- Understanding and application of relevant legislation and guidance
- Ability to be hands on, flexible and problem solve
- Competent understanding and ability to use standard IT programs and more complex GIS
Typically, a good science degree is required in either Geology, Environmental Science or Geography. A postgraduate degree or relevant experience is highly advantageous. A clean driving licence is needed for site visits. A levels in science needed (Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Environmental Science).
A competitive salary and package will be offered with an opportunity to start immediately.
To apply please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and covering letter.